Attention New Students: In order to have an enjoyable and successful first class, it’s recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and non-slip closed-toe shoes. Please download, print and review the GSSD Introduction Training Guide packet, which includes contracts, curriculum, and what to bring to class, etc. Also, please print a Daily Training Log (Required for Therapy and Service Dog Training).
Our Dog Health Standards: For the safety and wellbeing of dogs, handlers, staff and the general public, the following are health standards for all dogs:
- Be current on all vaccinations: Canine Rabies, DHLP-P and Bordetella (all shot records must be on California Vet Letterhead or in Vet Receipt form, in accordance with CA Rabies Laws)
- Have regular veterinarian checkups and health exams
- Be free of any signs of illness, or able to function safely with non-contagious medical conditions (female dogs in heat are not allowed in group or private lessons during their cycle)
- Be cleaned and well groomed
- Be on a scheduled parasite preventative and be free of any internal or external parasites
- Be microchipped and registered (Optional, but highly recommended)
- Be spayed/ neutered (Optional, but highly recommended for dogs over 5 months of age)
- Any dog riding in a vehicle must be safely secured, wearing a safety harness with an attachable seatbelt (attaches to the back, never to the front chest area), or be in a safety create/carrier of the owner’s choosing (we don’t plan on car accidents, but they happen, so please be a responsible pet handler and provide this crucial safety expectation for your dog)
Recommendations by Golden State Service Dogs – AMAZON Link!