We offer a variety of dog training services to meet nearly every need using professional, safe, humane and natural methods to help clients have healthier relationships with their dogs. Clients are treated with respect and provided the best training and handling approaches for their dog’s age, gender, personality, temperament and motivation. We do not endorse a “one size fits all” approach; instead we work with each individual to custom build a training package for any lifestyle. We hold fun interactive classes right in our community settings. Some of our popular services include:
•Puppy to Advanced Obedience Training
•Service Dog Training and “Owner-Trained” Qualification Process
•Therapy Dog Training and Certification Referral Process
•American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Testing and AKC Community Canine Testing
•Group Classes and Boot Camps
•Dog Behavior Modification and Temperament Management
•Special Events and Much More!
Dogs love understanding what their handlers are communicating and expecting from them. Training a dog can create:
•A stronger bond between the handler and dog
•More quality time with a happier home environment
•Positive socialization skills and enriched community experiences
•Preventative measures to unwanted behaviors
•A lifesaving situation for a dog or their handler
Hours: Closed for all major holidays
Monday – Friday: 10 AM – 7 PM
Saturday: Closed; Open for special events only
After Hours Policy: Regular business hours are 10 AM to 7 PM Monday through Friday. All labor outside these hours is billable at 2-times the regular hourly rate. This includes weekends and holidays.
Emergencies: If you are having a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room. If your dog is having a medical or life-threatening emergency, please call or go into the nearest 24-hour pet hospital near you. For your convenience, below are 24-hour Pet Hospitals in our area. Please note that we do not endorse or recommend any specific products, processes, or services, and are not liable for services you chose to receive or decline.
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center: 5232 Jackson Drive, La Mesa, CA 91942 – (619) 462-4800
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center: 885 Canarios Ct. #108, Chula Vista, CA 91910 – (619) 591-4802
Common Questions & Answers:
• YES, we train dogs whose owners just want them to be great pets and excel with obedience but do not give them a service dog vest
• YES, we train service dogs for individuals who are diagnosed with multiple disabilities
• YES, we assist with facility assistance dogs for school, classroom and residential facilities
• NO, we do not “place” service dogs or sell dogs
• NO, we do not assist with owner-trained guide dogs for visual impairments or alert dogs for hearing impairments due to legal formalities (but we do serve clients with visual or hearing impairments)
• NO, we do not assist with owner-trained scent-based alert dogs (Alert prior to medical crisis)
• NO, we do not provide liability insurance or pet medical coverage to clients (We recommend that clients research, purchase and maintain such coverages from an outside licensed provider of their choice)
• NO, we are not ADI (Assistance Dog International) Certified. ADI currently only certifies non-profit organizations and GSSD is a privately-owned business.